Friday, July 2, 2010

Sarah Palin, Andrew Sullivan, and Why Trig Matters

3068746423_d68b00603b
Andrew Sullivan had a terrific column this week about Sarah Palin's blatantly absurd mendacity about the birth of Trig. He finished with this
"In the end, this story is not about Palin. It's about the collapse of the press and the corrupt cynicism of a political system that foisted this farce upon us without performing any minimal due diligence."
Since I first read about the ludicrous "Wild Ride" I have been following some blogs - Palingates is my favorite - that exist purely to expose her as the fraud she is. Sullivan's point about the press is well taken, and he included their disgraceful acquiescence in the run-up to the war in Iraq in his analysis. Now, I just wish he would write as passionately about how the media is deceiving the public about climate change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Followers

counter