I remember laughing at this when my kids showed it to me, back in the good old days, when all I had to worry about was the possibility of nuclear armageddon - before I realized...oh, about 2 years ago...that we have been irretrievably committed to catastrophic climate chaos for several decades, at least, whether we become sane and eliminate greenhouse gas emissions, or not.
Somehow this led to an instructive if hopelessly corny (geeky scientists star!) video about the Permian Extinction event - which was caused by an asteroid - but is quite enlightening about how global climate change progresses, and how long it took for the earth to recover and stabilize so new species can evolve (a mere 20 million years!). Puts things in perspective...
What follows is a sad and silly commentary from the perspective of our young people, a spoof which is corny as well, but sort of endearingly so...the worst of which is the almost 2 million views it has received since being posted about a year ago. Now is not an auspicious time to be inheriting the earth.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2015 (27)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- Death by a Thousand Cuts
- Busted America
- Pricing Carbon at Wesleyan U - and the Mournful Ta...
- The Country Mouse Reluctantly Trains to The Duck P...
- Basic Premise + Research Links about Dying Trees
- A moment of Levity
- THE ULTIMATE ROLLER COASTER RIDE: A Brief History ...
- The Word: Nothingness
- What do all these birds species share in common?
- Bill Maher Speaks My Mind - Why I Didn't Go To the...
- Billion Year Old Carbon Caught in the Devil's Barg...
- Trick or Treat?
- ▼ November (16)