- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
"'The region's trees and dead wood needed to do such research are disappearing rapidly from a combination of a massive die-off of trees, logging and population pressures,' Touchan said."
"'One of the most important ways to understand the climate variability is to use the proxy record, and one of the most reliable proxy records is tree rings,' said Touchan, an associate research professor at UA's Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research."
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Christian Groups: Biblical Armageddon Must Be Taught Alongside Global Warming
Arctic Drilling Next? Hell No!
Tell Secretary Salazar to Just Say "No" to Shell's Alaska Drilling:
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Initially I started this blog to record and investigate the death of trees from emissions of burning fuels. In the past year, it has become apparent that all forms of life are endangered.
“Hope is a verb with its sleeves rolled up. Hopeful people are actively engaged in defying the odds or changing the odds.” He quotes Vaclav Havel’s definition of hope as “an orientation of the heart” and “ability to work for something because it is good."
"We enter the age of consequences."
The fact is, the American life-style is going to change whether we do so deliberately, or it just happens – like it is happening in the gulf right now.
It’s an issue that needs to be addressed directly. The approach you recommend I liken to offering extra fresh fruit and vegetables to an overweight diabetic who is about to have a Happy Meal and expect them to lose weight. It’s not going to happen. You have to explain that they need to cut down on the Mac and fries or they are going to have a heart attack and die.
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- Hallelujah! Obama SO gets it..as expounded by Sci...
- "Nobody In Charge" - BP in the Wall Street Journal...
- The Hail Mary Pass
- Mad as Hell! BP Booming School
- Reader's Choice!
- Man o'War and Fish, Swimming in Oil
- Liriodendron tulipifera
- Arctic Next?
- The Chickens Come Home to Roost in the Age of Cons...
- Froh Heim
- Spiraling Out Of Control
- "They Want to Hide the Body"
- Where's the Oil?
- Tumbling Like Dominoes...or just Falling Like a Ho...
- "Blind Spot"
- A Bird's Eye View of Ground Zero
- Spill, Baby, Spill!
- Ocean Acidification
- A Lament
- Death Toll Mounting
- "The Oaks," a 150-year-old oceanside playground fo...
- More from Benjamin Heine...
- The Dusk of the Locust
- Slide Show of Man-Made Disasters
- Forestry 101
- The Visible Manifestation
- Entries from International Garden Photographer of ...
- How We Wrecked the Ocean
- Calculating the Cost
- Man O'War at Risk
- How I Hate Them!!
- The Right Whale
- The March to Mass Extinction
- Sycamorosely Contemplating Sycamourning
- Notes From the Arctic
- Sixth Grade Doomer Contest
- An Uninhabitable Climate
- Goodbye, Sycamores.
- Day Trip
- Moi, On the Radio!
- They Took Away All the Trees
- BP Invigorate
- A picture from RPauli
- A Man Who Understands Trees
- ▼ May (53)