This is a little long - but it ends with what could in retrospect be the shot heard 'round the world:
The corporatocracy is getting peeved, they are starting to lash back.
Chris Hedges wrote another fascinating article about the Occupy movement, including this quote from Murray Bookchin (whose biography is worth checking out for his thoughts on ecology):
"Radical politics in our time has come to mean the numbing quietude of the polling booth, the deadening platitudes of petition campaigns, car-bumper sloganeering, the contradictory rhetoric of manipulative politicians, the spectator sports of public rallies and finally, the knee-bent, humble plea for small reforms -- in short, the mere shadows of the direct action, embattled commitment, insurgent conflicts, and social idealism that marked every revolutionary project in history. ... What is most terrifying about present-day 'radicalism' is that the piercing cry for 'audacity' -- 'L'audace! L'auduce! Encore l'auduce!' -- that Danton voiced in 1793 on the high tide of the French revolution would simply be puzzling to the self-styled radicals who demurely carry attache cases of memoranda and grant requests into their conference rooms ... and bull horns to their rallies."
This may soon be coming to an end.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- Don Giovanni in a Blizzard of Snow
- Just Don't Go Into the Pool
- Occupy Oakland
- Ponder the Pond
- November 6 Circle the White House
- Biostitution and Marginal Leaf Burn - towards A Ne...
- Newsflash! Occupy Wall Street Movement is Losing ...
- Complacent, Oblivious and In Denial!
- Naomi Wolf on Olbermann
- We Don't Need No Stinkin' Permits!
- Occupy Wall Street Anthem
- The Occupied Wall Street Journal
- Honey, Who Shrunk the Trees?
- "You are all a lost generation."
- Remember the Bigger Journey
- A Long Night
- Occupy Wall Street Evicted
- "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banque...
- Chris Crispy Creme Christie Crawls out of Bed with...
- Koch Keeps Killing
- Bioremediation of Acid Earth - a Farce in Three A...
- Where's the Justice?
- Catastrophe Map says Goodbye to the HardWired
- "Civilization To Hold Off On Having Any More Kids ...
- Notes from the Field: Mysterious Riddle; Freak Ac...
- Going, going...gone...
- ▼ October (28)
- ► 2010 (383)