Paul Gilding is one of any number of authors I admire, who write brilliant prose about the several impending and converging catastrophes - what he has famously labeled, The Great Disruption. Invariably however, his last chapters like so many others conclude with a sugar-coated happy pill, a prediction where we humans manage to snatch some civility from the chaos and mass extinction of peak oil and climate change to miraculously discover new, more sustainable derivatives of contentment, learning by necessity to live on less. And so isn't his name, Gilding, delightfully eponymous? Perhaps that's why Zawacki is a verb. Or not.
Yesterday I photographed daffodils - and their emergence before Christmas fills me with the darkest foreboding. Something is seriously awry when it is still 50 degrees F at night in December.
are dying and that "the forests are running out of trees". That sounds rather ominous, doesn't it?
Deep gratitude to RPauli for the tree photograph.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- Ozone Research and Vegetative Impacts Worse Case S...
- Everybody should read this - no, Really!
- A Christmas Tree
- Gilding Christmas
- Who Bombed Judi Bari?
- The Root of the Matter
- Chris Hedges at Occupy Princeton
- A Slow Awakening
- Get Ready
- Frack 'em
- December 12 - West Coast Shut Down the Ports! All...
- Can it get any worse? Oh, yeah.
- Feckless Hope
- Up, Up and Away
- Harvard Forest Being Eaten Alive By Ravenous Liche...
- Shame, Shame on the New York Times
- A Guest Post by Tim Murray
- Apoptosis and Cosmeticism
- Scott Olsen v. smooth-talking Frank Luntz
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2010 (383)